Merck for Mothers
Effective July 15, 2014, the Merck for Mothers Investigator Initiated Studies Program (IISP) Committee will accept proposals within our current areas of interest (AOI) up to September 15, 2014. This is a competitive process, with limited funding available to support proposed studies for their duration. Decisions will be made by the committee on the basis of scientific merit and strategic fit within the AOI. The intent is to fully fund 2 to 3 studies with an average study cost in our program of approximately 150,000 USD.
The following areas are of interest to Merck Investigator Studies Program Committee:
- Novel approaches or technologies for the prevention, identification, and management of pre-eclampsia/eclampsia in low-resource settings
- Novel, low cost and rapid diagnostics / biomarkers for pre-eclampsia or risk of eclampsia
- Approaches to identify/validate new biomarker candidates
- New technologies to either capture and enrich biomarkers or increase sensitivity and detection limits
- New technologies to increase biomarker stability
- Novel reagents / methods for biomarker detection and quantification
- Novel approaches for the administration of magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) for management of pre-eclampsia and prevention of eclampsia
- Tools and/or technologies that provide alternative and less invasive routes of administration to improve ease and precision of administration [e.g. IM, rectal]
- Opportunities for improvement in product image, packaging or labelling to ease complexity of administration
- Novel approaches or drug products for the prevention and treatment of post partum hemorrhage in low resource settings
- Hemostatic agents
- Opportunities for the use of local / topical hemostatic agents (mechanical or other) for the treatment of PPH in low resource settings
- Consideration of the routes of administration of tranexamic acid [e.g. local, topical, IV, oral] for treatment of PPH
- Methods for accurate measurement of blood loss during childbirth
- Minimally-invasive delivery of room temperature stable uterotonics that meet requirements for ease of use and cost of goods in low resource settings
- Novel approaches to define, measure incidence and calculate associated healthcare costs of severe maternal morbidity in the US
Please complete a full protocol and detailed budget via Visiontracker, Merck’s on-line study management system (in US) or your MSD country representative (outside US). The proposals will be collectively reviewed and selected by the Merck for Mothers MISP Committee.
|Full Protocol Submission with Detailed Budget||September 15, 2014|
Click here to view submission requirements and templates.
Telephone: (267) 305-5423